Discipleship starts here. Following Jesus begins with a soul satisfied in Him, trusting in Him for eternal life. Salvation is only found in Jesus and placing your faith in Him is the only requirement to be saved.
Discipleship Pathway > Trust in Jesus for Salvation
Life is found only in Jesus. Because of sin, you were born separated from God and eternal life. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, has paid the penalty of your sin with His death on the cross. Having fully accomplished everything necessary to do so, He offers you forgiveness and salvation as a free gift. Placing your trust in Jesus the Savior is the only requirement to be saved.
While many believe that being good gets you to heaven, the truth is very different. The best person alive could not earn heaven, because sin does not make you bad. If that were the case, then good works and obedience would be the way to heaven. The Scriptures reveal a darker truth: sin makes you dead. We don’t need to simply be better, rather we need to be brought back to life. This can only be done by God Himself. Life is only found in Jesus.
Scriptures to Read & Study
Discussion & Thought Questions
- If you were to die today and stand before God, what would you say to Him?
- What would He say to you?
- Do you know were you would go? Why?
- How would you define grace?
- Grace is free. How does the free nature of grace challenge your thinking about God, about yourself, and about salvation?
- Why do most religious systems work on a “be good and God will like you” model? How is Biblical Christianity different?
- Have you accepted God’s gift of forgiveness in Jesus Christ?
- If someone asked you, “what must I do to be saved?” how would you respond?